Last edited by PizzasGood
:Fixed most of the forum download links
Contributed Dotpups by and for Puppy Users
How To Install a DotPup
- Click the link to a DotPup file below
- Save it to your hard drive
- Similar to windows you click on the dotpup and it will give you an option to unzip the file or cancel.
- Then if you unzip the file it will give you an option of either run the installer or cancel.
- If you unzipped the file and ran the installer, it will ask you if you want to delete the dotpup.
- You are finished, usually a readme file will pop up and give you instructions on how to use the dotpup.
- Use at your own risk.
- Packages in the (Beta (packages in development), may not be safe.
- They may mess your system up. They may ruin your setup.
Beta (packages in development)
- lincity∞ (397k) by PuppianL ... more information∞
- a city/country simulation game
- this game is similar to the commercial simulation game with a similar name
Games requiring SDL or other additional libs are listed below
In order to get SDL you will have to download Barrage.pup listed below
You will find libGL.pup (a 3D graphics lib) and libSDLmixer.pup
(a multichannel sample and music mixer) in the libraries section
- Barrage∞ (829k) by PuppianL ... more information∞
- a violent point-and-click shooting game with nice effects.
- this will install -SDL- as well (819k) all together pretty good!!!
- Lbreakout2∞ (2611k) by PuppianL ... more information∞
- breakout clone with pretty graphics great sound
- the goal is to eliminate a series of screens of bricks by repeatedly striking them with bouncing balls
- Xnview∞ (1.5M) NathanF ... view and convert graphic files ... Homepage∞
How To Files
- Pdftk How To∞ (1k) by"KlhRevolutionist"
- This is a text file with examples on how to use pdftk from the commandline. Very useful. Installs to my-documents.
- How To Use Tux Splitter∞ (1k) by"MU"
- This installs to /root/my-documents/ It give instructions for how to use Tux Splitter it is in System Utilities.
- QneXt.pup∞(670) by"KlhRevolutionist"
- This will put an executable in /root/my-applications/bin/ named qnext. This requires java.
- This is a multi-platform messenger, to much to tell, read this∞
- Yahoo.pup∞ (845k) by"klhrevolutionist"
- this puts an file or executable in /root/my-applications/bin/ named ymessenger.com
- drag'n'drop to the desktop if you like, you can edit the name once it's on the desktop!!!
- Bitwise.pup∞ (2.5mb) by"Johnny Reb"
- This is a security enchanced messenger, If you value privacy use it
- Dogbone 1.64b∞ (42k) by "Lobster"
- Dogbone makes voice mail & 'PawCasting' with easy to modify shell scripting. Uses set record times.
- Also check out SoxGui in Puppy 2.13 and 2.14
- Entropy rsa-0.9.1∞ (1.4mb) by"MU"
- Entropy∞ is the net inside the net. It is more secure than freenet.
- It works with the power of P2P
- TightVNC Viewer 1.2.9∞ (244k) rarsa ... Homepage∞
- It supports secured servers. It will ask for the password.
- It can run in full screen
- It's a quite fast native binary
- It supports a large variety of parameters
- More Information∞
- Welcome 2 Menu∞ (23k) CrustyLobster ... more information∞
- One click link to Welcome, Wizards, Help, Mounting, Paint, Edit, Media Player, DotPups, Forum, News, IRC Chat, News - easy to configure - New Version created Dec 2005
- Ideal "Quick launch" program for Newcomers to Puppy - perhaps to customise later . . .
- blassic.pup∞ (402k) by PeterSieg
- Right click on the dir icon in rox file manager. Choose 'look
inside'. Then drag and drop any *.bas file onto the blassic executable.
- all is tested under puppy 1.0.0 running under qemu within w2k
- Three sets of icons, will download to root. Read more here∞
- Tcl/Tk Apps∞ (82k) by PeterSieg
- all is tested under puppy 1.0.0 running under qemu within w2k
- tkclock - analog clock
- tktodo - todo list
- tkduke - drawing app
- tknotepad - windows like notepad
- tkazul - code editor
- tkphilo - philosophical sayings (german)
- tkdisk - show disk usage
- Xwget∞ (4k) by Ian
- Xwget is a frontend for wget, good for downloading large files!!!
- Grip Part 1∞ (591k) AlienX ... cd-player and cd-ripper ... Homepage∞
- Grip Part 2∞ (569k) AlienX ... cd-player and cd-ripper ... Homepage∞
- NOTE: download and install both parts
- run first grip-part1.pup and then grip-part2.pup
- Audacity∞ (3261k) by PuppianL ... more infomation∞
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, and WAV sound files. Unlimited undo/redo.
- Cut, copy, splice, and mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording and more...
- Ticker.app∞ (20k) by PuppianL ... more information∞
- news from BBC, CNN, Time...
- if you want a simple news ticker, this one is for you
- you can specify the color, font and what news to show if you're a smart puppy
Office & Reading
- PDF Conversion Wizard∞ (8k) thoughtjourney
- a PDF conversion wizard that uses Abiword and Ghostscript in a two-stage process
- click on puppyPDF to run the wizard
- or type puppyPDF -i <inputfile> -o <outputfile>
- requires bash
- More Inforamation∞
- PdftoText.pup∞ (357k) by"KlhRevolutionist
- This converts pdf files to text, great if you have to re-edit your pdf files.
- To use open rxvt/terminal and type pdftotext for instructions.
- Stky_nts∞ (12k) by Ian
- sticky notes is similar to sticky notes, this version is for FVWM.
- Stky_NtsJWM105∞ (18k) by Ian
- this version is designed to work from Puppy 1.0.5 & up with the JWM window manager
- Ispell∞ (747k) Bruce B ... Spell checker International version 3.2.06 08/01/01 ... Homepage∞ ... more information∞
- Interactive screen oriented spell checker with american dictionary
- Dict.pup∞ (50k) by "KlhRevolutionist"
- This is a commandline dictionary, requires internet connection. Install PB-dict below for a gui.
- PB-dict.pup∞ (5.14k) by "MU"
- Requires dict.pup above
- This puts a graphical face to dict. Feature rich another great one from MU
- Pdftk-gui.pup∞ (3.8mb) by"MU"
- Merge PDF Documents, Split PDF Pages into a New Document & more
- Read more hear Click Here∞
Peer 2 Peer
- Split∞ (15k) by"MU"
- This a commandline tool for splitting files for various reasons. For a graphical face install Tux Splitter.pup
- Tux Splitter∞ (16k) by"MU"
- Easily split large files for storage, or for transferring or for e-mail attachments. Requires Split
- Midnight Commander Plus∞ (565k) by AlienX ... Homepage∞
- an updated Midnight Commander dotpup package with some new features:
- easily extract .RPM, .DEB , .PUP and .DSL packs (among others) to subdirectory by just pressing F2 and ENTER
- a nice icon in my-roxapps folder to start it
- new menu items that help you to build dotpups
- pressing ENTER on any file open it on leafpad
- Findutils 4.2.20-1∞ (94k) Bruce B ... command line file finding utilities ... Homepage∞
- finds files ... very fast
- locate, updatedb, find, sort, xargs
- Less 382∞ (49k) Bruce B ... command line pager ... Homepage∞
- Less is a small feature rich utility for displaying text files and output from the command line
- Less is a more powerful version of more
- mrxvtset∞ (5k) BruceB ... utility for mrxvt ... Source∞
- requires that you have mrxvt installed
- many features, including: hiding the scrollbar, and naming the tabs
- more information∞